Saturday, May 21, 2011

Emerging Adulthood in the Onion

According to the Onion, emerging adulthood never ends, and the country is down to its last 100 adults. The article does raise a serious point. When politicians cite emerging adulthood as a sign of the decline of civilization, do they wonder at what kind of model modern politics sets for adolescents and young adults?

In other Onion news, the Planned Parenthood Abortionplex in Kansas is finally open, offering movies, pedicures, shops, and a million abortions a month. I wonder how many people will think that this article is serious.

** UPDATE ***
Some people do think the Onion article about the abortionplex was literal, such as this person who says REPENT AMERICA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I posted this Onion article on my FB page a few days ago. I actually found it germaine to my work with DID, much of which focuses on strengthening the Core/adult ego state in order to deal with the younger, impulsive ego states. :)