Thursday, July 30, 2009

Teen-written sex ed site: sexetc.

Teen-written sex ed site includes an article "Kissing: are you missing out on life's simple pleasures" imploring readers to slow down and smell the roses; another article covers what abstinent teens do. One quoted teen says, “Now that I’ve been in a relationship for over a year and we’re considering becoming sexually active, I realize that my sex ed experiences made me terrified of sex. My teachers made it seem like everyone had an STD, and that contraceptives are expected to fail. If it weren’t for my own reading, I wouldn’t know what kinds of contraceptives are available.”

It's neat to read a quote by a real teenager illustrating what the GAO talked about in how inaccurate and negatively slanted abstinence education is.

No comments: